COVID 19 ongoing situation Sept 2020
Beeston Community Resource CIO
Following the lock down and the flood in June we have now managed to re-open Middle Street Resource Centre with its Community Café and activities.
During the “lock down” we continued to support our service users, who have lived mental health issues, with regular phone calls as well as offering a “meals on wheels” service for individuals who were struggling to feed themselves.
The flooding caused major damage to the carpets and flooring throughout the centre which took 4 weeks to fully dry out.
This enforced extra shut down gave us the opportunity to make sure we were COVID 19 safe when we re-opened, with risk assessments in place for all the rooms and activities.
We have set in place a booking system for the café and meal sittings, please ring 0115 9252516 for information and to book a table, all tables are socially distanced with limited numbers allowed for each sitting.
Activities under the MindSet programme have set up again including the walking group, Talk and Support, Poetry, Creative Writing and Hearing Voices. We have also welcomed back some of the long term hire groups such as Beeston Memory Café , Beeston Baptist Church and Gamelan, with new enquiries from Beeston U3A for various groups.
We look forward to welcoming other groups and individuals back over the next few weeks / months, we are doing our bit to be as safe, but accessible, as possible. Please give us a ring on 0115 9252516
Middle Street Resource Centre
Please observe these Covid safe rules
whilst using the centre
- Follow the one way system which means always entering the building by the front door and exiting by the back door into the garden
- Always sanitise your hands when entering the centre and wash your hands at regular periods throughout your visit.
- Try to keep a 2 meter distance from other people whilst in the centre.
- Toilets should be used by only one person at a time. Please check the vacancy sign before entering any toilet.
- Familiarise yourself with how to pre-book a time limited slot for the café, garden or other group activity.
- Make sure that the centre office has your contact phone number.
Thanks for your support